In 2010 Archbishop Jerome Listecki approved the formation of a new Catholic Elementary School, WAUWATOSA CATHOLIC SCHOOL, sponsored by St. Pius X Parish and St. Bernard Parish. The new school opened as Wauwatosa Catholic School in August 2011 for the 2011-2012 school year.
Wauwatosa Catholic School is located at the St. Bernard Parish campus (1500 Wauwatosa Avenue, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin).
The strong curriculum is imbedded with Catholic values and practices and enhanced with new learning opportunities in the arts, math and sciences for Grades K3-8.
Wauwatosa Catholic School is fully accredited by the Archdiocese of Milwaukee and the Wisconsin Religious and Independent Schools Accreditation (WRISA).
In June 2014 Wauwatosa Catholic School received authorization to become Wisconsin’s first Catholic elementary school to have an International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme. The Wauwatosa Catholic IB School Code is 049518.
Wauwatosa Catholic School is affiliated with two Catholic parishes in Wauwatosa, WI., St. Bernard Parish served by Very Rev Phillip Bogacki and Rev Dennis Saran (Associate Pastor) and St. Pius X Parish (served by the Society of the Divine Savior Salvatorians) served by Father Paul Portland.