The first Mass at St. Bernard of Clairvaux Parish was June 27, 1911, offered by Monsignor Bernard Traudt, Vice general of the Archdiocese of Milwaukee, at the Knights Templar Hall on Mower Street. The church was named St. Bernard of Clairvaux in honor of Monsignor Bernard Traudt. A portion of the current site was purchased in 1911 for $7,500.
St. Bernard celebrated its 100th Anniversary on Sunday, June 5, 2011, at the 10 am Mass. Archbishop Jerome Listecki presided on this special day.