Village Business Improvement District (BID)
Since 1994, the Village in Wauwatosa Business Improvement District (BID) has existed with the primary goal of increasing traffic and activity within Wauwatosa’s historic Village sector. The BID also promotes and cultivates the unique image of the Village.
The BID consists of an on-staff Executive Director and Marketing /Communications team as well as business owners, residents and city officials that volunteer time and energy in the interest of improving the Village in Wauwatosa district for business owners, residents and visitors alike.
Together, the BID board and staff create a link between service, industry, retail and social activities within the Village.
The BID focuses on:
- Maintenance of the district via landscaping and streetscape elements (litter cans, benches, bike racks, etc.)
- Attracting additional business investment within the BID boundaries… i.e., investing dollars on redevelopment.
- Enhancing and protecting property values in the Village area
- Making the Village a desirable and pleasant environment for business owners, Wauwatosa residents and visitors… i.e., working to ensure parking is available, the streets are clean and the Village is a safe place for everyone.
With these focuses in mind, and considering all the various interests, the Village BID collaborates in several cooperative marketing and event initiatives annually.
In 2011, the Village, working with the City of Wauwatosa, developed and approved a comprehensive plan for the district. A key focus of the BID is to implement that plan.
To learn more about the BID, choose from the following topics:
- Business Opportunities
- BID Program
- Business Promotion Opportunities
- BID Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- BID Board & Staff
7603A W State St
Wauwatosa, WI 53213